Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

06 Caravan - door linkage

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
rob94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 Caravan - door linkage

Hi all,
Had my drivers side door panel off today to put window back on track. While doing so, the rod that runs from the inside handle to the door latch(?) came off. I can't figure out for the life of me where it goes (inside). It has the purple plastic 'thingy' on it. A diagram would be great but will take any info.

Thanks in advance.
Bret

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

If you are talking about the door handle, then ill pm you how it does together

Old 01-07-2024, 12:56 AM
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Originally Posted by go-part
If you are talking about the door handle, then ill pm you how it does together
Hi, I would like to know HOW to reattach the rod/linkage that connects to the inside passenger door handle. I think the rod (which I believe has a short 90 degree bend at both ends of the rod) connects into a possibly yellow plastic clip? But how do you connect the rod to the clip? as you can't see to connect it, as the sheet metal from the door is in the way, blocking your view. Can anyone help me reconnect the rod? so that my door opens using the inside door handle.

(The other end of the rod is connected properly, via a (black?) plastic clip I believe.)

2002 Dodge Caravan power window motor and regulator replacement

(At the 28 minute mark, Steven shows how to attach the other end of the rod.

But how do I attach the opposite end? as the darn rod just came loose when I was taking the door panel off to replace my power window motor and regulator. I don't think any thing broke, but simply popped out of where it belongs. I wish I could see where it is supposed to connect to!!! but the door metal blocks my view! This is probably a job that you have to do by FEEL? But I don't know where it connects! Please help! Thanks.)

Edit:

Does the piece that the rod connects to look anything like the component (the door lock mechanism) that Buddy is displaying at the 38 second mark in the video below? However, his door lock mechanism component is off a 1999 Caravan (not a 2001 Caravan).

Replacing door latch dodge caravan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvMm0JY4vNc

Last edited by 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan.; 01-07-2024 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-07-2024, 03:56 AM
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Could the component that attaches to the rod/linkage look like the Door Lock Actuator component below?

Door Lock Actuator for Chrysler Town & Country Dodge Grand Caravan Front Right

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/385639188116...3ABFBM2InwsZxj

Does the rod connect to the yellow plastic clip? Does the 90 degree end of the rod slip into the center hole? and then the yellow clips rotates upwards? locking the rod into place? I'm totaling guessing here.

Or does the rod clip into the center hole, and then the yellow clip rotates 180 degrees, (up and to the left) locking the rod into place?

Last edited by 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan.; 01-07-2024 at 04:38 AM.

Quick Reply: 06 Caravan - door linkage