Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

need help installing security/keyless entry on 02 Grand Caravan SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:03 AM
SubyGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help installing security/keyless entry on 02 Grand Caravan SE

I had purchased a Performance Teknique security system/keyless entry/remote start for my old car that has since died. However, I cant really sell this alarm so I've decided to put it on our Caravan SE. I have enverything figured out except the Central Lock System wiring.

The options given in the installation guide for the alarm system are as follows:
1. The car has original central lock but only one switch at the driver door to control the other doors. In this case, one additional two-wire actuator is needed for the driver door.

2. The car has original centrol lock and one controlling switch near the panel to control four doors. In this case, please make sure its positive or negative trigger first, then insall it according to figure 1.

3. The car has original air compressor central lock. This kind of central lock switches positive and negative output when working. For this kind of car, please follow the instructions as below: For practical type system, please cut the central lock time option wire to 3.6".

I dont know which type of system the Dodge Caravans use, and I do not know how to figure it out, so if anyone could help me out that'd be great. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:20 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help installing security/keyless entry on 02 Grand Caravan SE

The GCs use a single wire that is ground triggered through a resistor. Unlock has one value and lock has another value. The body control module under the dash unlocks/locks the door. You would have to measure the rersistance of the driver door lock switch in both positions to determine what values you need.

Quick Reply: need help installing security/keyless entry on 02 Grand Caravan SE