Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Grand Caravan 3.8L Hose help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Cyclohexane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Caravan 3.8L Hose help

Here's the deal: just got done replacing the valve cover gasket on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L, had two hiccups...

1. Just before removing the upper intake manifold, I removed the hoses attached to the right side of it, breaking the "LDP & Speed Control Vacuum Hose," It was pretty brittle and when I pulled it off of the connection it just "snapped" in half.

2. One of the last pieces to put back onto the engine was the "PCV Hose," which craked when pushed back onto the PCV Valve...

Check the attachment for actual piece locations.

So, where do you all recommend I find these parts other than a junk yard, as I do not have time enough for that?

Dodge dealership? Certain websites? I would prefer to buy the actual pieces and not try and fabricate something.

Thanks for your help,

-Chris

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Grand Caravan 3.8L Hose help-pcv-hose-and-speed-control-vacuum-hose.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 AM
grswat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its more than likely a dealer only part. Sometimes the parts stores carry a premolded hose for the pcv system. Personally I would fabricate it.

Quick Reply: 2005 Grand Caravan 3.8L Hose help