Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 dodge caravan misfiring and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Cat Amador-Locher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2002 dodge caravan misfiring and other issues

christmas day i drove to my mom's about 90 miles away when my van began acting funny. the engine light came on and was throwing P0302, which i determined is the code for a misfire in cylinder 2. my dad replaced all spark plugs and found that absolutely no spark is coming from coil to wire for cylinder 2. the P0302 code didn't come on anymore after replacing plugs, but the P0300 one did. also, the van started not wanting to go into gear when cold pretty much the same day. we check tranny fluid level and found it ok. we just had a replacement transmission put in a little over 2 years ago. on normal conditions i don't drive my van more than 10 miles a day. my brother said it could be computer. any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still no fire at #2 plug, P0300 random misfire, and it won't move correct? Which engine, transmission?

No fire - Swap #2 plug wire with another. Replace the coil. Test for coil driver output from PCM at the coil connector.

P0300 - http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300

Won't move - Is the PRND3L indication changing as you shift gears? Check the gear shift linkage. Verify the parking brake is disengaged - don't trust the handle.

Last edited by Cougar41; 01-21-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 2002 dodge caravan misfiring and other issues