Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Aftermarket Backup/Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Ferrino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Backup/Parking Sensors

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good aftermarket backup/parking sensor system for a '05 GC, please? I've never used or installed one before, but feel it would be useful on such a large vehicle. There seem to be many different types, with different visualization systems (e.g. dash-mounted or within a replacement rear-view mirror).

Or is there a Dodge-specific system I can retro-fit?

Many thanks!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a Mopar kit available from your dealer that has the sensors in the bumper, the monitor, module and installation package. Part number is 82208247AC and it lists for $284. This kit fits Minivans from '01 - '07

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Ferrino

Thanks very much! That Mopar kit is out my price-range, but the installation manual for it looks like it would be very helpful for a generic product, regarding where to drill the bumper and how to route the wires.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Ferrino

Any suggestions of 3rd party backup cameras that people have installed in their minivans? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Backup/Parking Sensors