Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
ebelingb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Transmission issue

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport 3.3L. I've been having a tranmission issue over the last 6 months. When reaching 35 to 37 MPH, for lack of better words, it's a "Jolting" of the shifting. I was told by the dealer that it would be one of the two speed sensors, so I replaced them. It did solve the issue for about 2 days, then started again. I'm now feeling two other symptoms; When placing in reverse, muffeled, growling, fast tick noise. And in drive when starting from a stop, almost like it take a second or two to get the signal to "go". There is 120k miles on this and I've always serviced it myself at 25-30k miles, replacing fluid and filter. Reading from some other sites, the possibility of having the dealer "flash" or put the PCM into "Learn" mode. I really don't want to spend the $$$$ on rebuild if not needed but I also don't want my wife stranded along side the road. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bob ~ Centralia, Wa

Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no TSBs software updates relating to hard shifting for your vehicle. But read this post on doing a Quick Learn

http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice...-transmissions

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Transmission issue