Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Availability of side window shades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Karpo360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Availability of side window shades?

Did a search and only came up with posts regarding front window shades. Problem: My wife does not want to tint the side and rear windows of our '13 Grand Caravan AVP. Solution: Side window shades. Thought it would be a simple find, but I cannot seem to locate vehicle specific applications. Does anyone know if there are any companies out there that make side window shades for the van? Thank you!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To find vehicle specific shades, you will not find. Tinting is cheaper than any product clean be made so the is the route that most want to do.

The only thing you could look into for spot shade would be at a baby store to get those pull down shades that suction cup to the glass. The bas news is that unless you buy a high quality one, her visibility will be crap thus increasing her chances of getting into an accident because her blind spots are now bigger.

I would seriously just go for a light tint. 20% is standard and the back windows are already slightly tinted so this will just darken then up a little more. Still can see good, will keep the van cooler just a little on hotter days, and piece of mind that she will be safe.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Karpo360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. A buddy of mine had a nice set of sun shades for his Mini Cooper S. I think they were an OEM accessory. I was hoping there might be something similar available. I would prefer to have the windows tinted for the same reasons you specified but my wife is not a fan of tinted windows. Her perception about tinted windows is dark. I'll have to take her with me to the auto glass shop and show her that there are different tints available and hopefully select a tint we can both agree on.

Quick Reply: Availability of side window shades?