Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Side Power Window Woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Bigjimmy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Side Power Window Woes

Ok, so I did a search in this forum and stangely (perhaps I parsed the search incorrectly) I did not get nearly as many hits as I thought I'd get. Of those that I read, they didn't even address the simple issue that I am having.

Approximately one year ago, the passenger side front power window stopped working. It was winter when it did and I initially thought that the window glass was frozen to the weather stripping. I tried separating the stripping from the window and that didn't help. We waited until spring and still, nothing.

At this point, I simply want to know if there is anything to look for. The fuse is fine/driver's side power window is OK. Is there any sort of circuit-breaker for the window motor? If so, I would guess that the flippin' engineers would have put it somewhere accessible and since I have not found anything under the dash, my guess is that there is no such device. On the other hand, engineers seldom put anything in a logical or easily-accessible location so I may be wrong.

Thoughts? The van is closing in on 100K miles and if the motor is simply fried, I have no issues replacing it. I'd just like to know from all of you smarties out there if I am overlooking something obvious.

Thanks in advance and thanks to many of you for help in the past. A great bunch you are!

Jimmy

Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Each window motor has a PTC circuit breaker built into it that is supposed to reset itself once cooled. System has a single circuit break and fuse for all windows. YouTube has how to videos on how to replace the window regulator assembly. Check for 12vdc at the motor connector. If it and the ground are there the motor is toast.

In the mean time open the door and simultaneously hold the switch down and slam the door shut. It can sometimes wake up a tired motor.

Last edited by Cougar41; 03-01-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Passenger Side Power Window Woes