Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

What's The Procedure For Replacing Water Pump Housing Seals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
cougarhunter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's The Procedure For Replacing Water Pump Housing Seals?

What's The Procedure For Replacing Water Pump Housing Seals on a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6?

I figure I should replace the pump while I'm at it also? It's leaking coolant on the back side of the idler pulley next to the engine. I assume that is where the inlet housing for the coolant to enter the engine is?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 AM
cougarhunter

Pictures of the area involved.

It's leaking and rolling down from behind where the red arrow is. The bypass hose is blocking the view. But looking at this the pump looks like it's leaking coolant. Was wondering why it's looking like wetness where the blue arrow is? What do you guys think? I'm thinking of getting a dye and checking. The thing is I cleaned it up better than what it was and ran it until it warmed up and no drips. Went out an hour later and checked, no drips. Then the next day I come out and there is a small patch of wet ground there.

Attached Thumbnails What's The Procedure For Replacing Water Pump Housing Seals?-0304132042b.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there is a nipple above the water pump on the back side of the front cover that is a common leak area as well

Last edited by Tizzy1; 03-05-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM
cougarhunter

I just saw that the windshield wiper drain hose on the passenger side is broken after noticing a residue down the belt. So I put some water on the windshield and sure enough, water drained out of it on the belt which ran down to the idler pulley and down the engine. I think that could be a big part to my problems. It's missing the adapter piece that fits to the smaller ribbed tube. Anyone know what the part number for that part is?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The addapter and the ribbed tube come together. Left side is 04717275 and is $10.20. The right side is 04717372 and is $9.85

Quick Reply: What's The Procedure For Replacing Water Pump Housing Seals?