Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Dodge Caravan Steering Wheel Controls Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 AM
silverfun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2011 Dodge Caravan Steering Wheel Controls Problem

This started a couple of days ago, the radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel quit working along with the phone buttons and the ones to rest the miles driven. The right side of the wheel the buttons for the cruse control still work but that side of the wheel gets very warm to the touch. Also, the horn button doesn't work either. I know the horn works as it will go off with the panic button.

I go so worried about the heat from the buttons that I disconnected the car battery over night. I am taking it into the dealership this morning so I can hopefully report back this afternoon what the cause of it was. I am thinking that the clock spring broke.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup. Sure sounds like the clock spring.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 AM
silverfun
Post Update: Still not fixed....

Dealership called and said that they replaced the clock spring but the controls are still not working. For some reason, with the ignition off the buttons for the cruse control are still receiving power(still getting warm to touch). They function while car is on but the others still don't work. I dropped it off this morning again for round 2 of troubleshooting.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
silverfun
Smile Fixed!

Just picked it up from the dealership. Turns out the Cruse control button went bad which took out the clock spring. (At least that is what they are saying). I think it was the other way around. Had to replace the right hand switch along with the clock spring.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok. They probably should have caught it the first time but then we don't live in a perfect world. Thanks for posting the fix.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Caravan Steering Wheel Controls Problem