Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Coolant pipe replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Mr.Belding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant pipe replacement

Hey everyone I'm new here and I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having ?
I was replacing the water pump on my mom's 94 caravan (it has the 3.0 v6) and when I finally got the pump off I ran into a problem.
When I got the pump off I noticed that half of the lip on the coolant pipe that goes into the back of the water pump had corroded and broke off. What I need to know is how do I get that pipe out ? I took that 2 bolts that go into the trans that hold the bracket for the back of the pipe but there still seems to be something holding it in. The only thing that I can think of is there is another bolt under the intake manafold that can only be accessed my revmoving the manafold. I just thought that I would ask first since I don't want to remove the manafold unless I have to.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Coolant pipe replacement

It can be removed without disassembling the top of the enigne. There is a bypass hose connected behind the waterpump that needs to be unhooked. Other than the two bell housing bolts, it should come right out.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Mr.Belding
Default RE: Coolant pipe replacement

Well I finally found that last 2 bolts that hold the coolant pipe in (there are 2 more on the side of the head) and tried taking it out and it still wouldn't come out. The part of the pipe that the bypass hose conects to keeps you form being able to slid it out. So in the end I still had to take the intake off.

Quick Reply: Coolant pipe replacement