Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan Help with Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
konl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan Help with Radio Issue

I have a 2001 dodge caravan with the factory radio/CD system. The CD works fine and there is sound coming from all speakers. the radio has power I can see the time and the stations display works but all I get is static on both AM and FM. Tried the seek and it does not pick up any station.

I have checked all the connections in the back and they are look fine.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
GearMan90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solution #1, These vans are known for bad radios. I know my Dads stopped working, but the CD still worked, I just put a basic aftermarket CD radio in for him and it works great.

Seeing as how Chrysler wants a fortune for there OEM radios, that is your best bet too.

Solution #2, if you want, check to see if you antenna wire is good, the easiest way to do this is to try a stock radio that you KNOW works, in your van, if you get the same result, than it is the antenna or antenna coax, not the radio. But my bet is on the radio, they just tend to stop working.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan Help with Radio Issue