Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

grnd caravan oil leak & transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 PM
hi_mini@msn.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grnd caravan oil leak & transmission

98 grnd caravan, 98K miles, engine light goes on after driving long distances, starts to over heat. test showed that i need a new transmission. recommendations on where, new, used, type of warranty. van is leaking oil, said i needed all new gaskets, also said i need new struts. is this worth spending $$ on repairs, or just get rid of it. i've only had 7 batteries, 3 sets of front brakes, and one minor wiring repair, other than that, just oil changes.

please advise thanks. Mini

Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: grnd caravan oil leak & transmission

I would say that it depends on how much you like your van. The tranny wil probaly be around 2k to 2.5k, new gaskets 150-200 new struts probaly 250 or so. if you can do some of the work yourself and save some cash. If its just a valve cover gasket thats not that bad. Do you have the ability to do struts? Another factor would be is it almost payed for? If its payed for and you don't want to keep it you have to weigh between the milage onit and if you want or can afford another vechile. If you opt to put a new tranny in it and keep the van then make sure you goto a shop that offers youa waranty should be like a year on a rebuilt tranny.

Quick Reply: grnd caravan oil leak & transmission