Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2.4 Caravan sputters when hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
vman858
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Caravan sputters when hot

I have a 1999 DC with 2.4. The history is it was running ruff bad mileage with a P0304 misfire. It did this always but was drivable. I had a mechanic replace the fuel pump and filter after I swapped the injectors and replaced the wires and plugs and checked compression with no change. After he replaced the pump based on my instructions he said the coil pack was bad. He replaced it and all was good. This is a mail delivery van and makes 600 stops a day. So it get stressed allot. Now that the weather is getting warmer it is doing some what the same thing only if you stop and let it cool for about 15 20 minutes it will run fine for 30 minutes or so. I have replaced the coil twice thinking I got a bad one. Still getting a P0304. I am at a loss.
UPDATE
Wife just said it was running "OK" at highway speeds but kinda backfire when started...Cam sensor?

Last edited by vman858; 06-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:39 PM
vman858
Amateur

Oil around plugs ...replaced valve cover gasket and the replacement fuel pump was intermittent/bad.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:37 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vman858
Oil around plugs ...replaced valve cover gasket and the replacement fuel pump was intermittent/bad.
Thanks for the update. I was curious.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Terry Eagle
Default Oil around plugs

Originally Posted by vman858
oil around plugs

I recently changed my plugs was some oil around them thought was maybe spilled there is this caused by some other problem also after said tuneup was was running beautifully for 2 weeks but this morning it started stuttering at slight acceleration like its in too high of a gear have u had this prob or anyone reading this can u help

Quick Reply: 2.4 Caravan sputters when hot