Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Overhead 12V Plug.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 PM
905ranger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overhead 12V Plug.

Hi,

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE. I was wondering if anyone has ever installed an overhead 12 V plug?

I have the plain 2 light overhead console I was thinking of tapping into, but before I proceed, I would like to see if anyone has another way.

Thanks.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
coopab

You can put a 12V plug anywhere your imagination and the vehicle's construction will allow. Plan ahead! Do you want it to be always alive? Or only live when the vehicle is running? Make sure your new plug has an appropriate fuse and correct gauge wire to handle whatever you plan to use the plug for.
I have the same two light overhead console and I wonder if there's enough space there for a 12V socket?? I put an extra always on 12V socket right under the original "cigarette lighter" socket. It has proven very handy for charging cell phones during power outages, and running an aftermarket DVD player to keep the grandchildren occupied during long trips. (They can keep watching even when I shut the engine off.)

Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 AM
905ranger
Amateur

I think I will tap in to the lower socket and run a line up.

Quick Reply: Overhead 12V Plug.