Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'03 Caravan power window issue - help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM
bosazga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Caravan power window issue - help!

Hi, this is my first post in the Caravan area... Have an '03 SE 3.3 V6 with the usual crappy power window issues. I replaced my driver's side motor / regulator assembly like 2 years ago and not 6 months later it died in the up position. I've been too frustrated to fix it since then, and tried another used switch because it won't control the pass. side window either. The pass. side window works, but occasionally the switch sticks. I checked the fuse in the engine bay a awhile back and that looked ok. The other day, I figured I'd try a new switch and it didn't help. I tapped on the motor a bit (not a lot), and am thinking it's the switch or a ground or something. I think I have a volt-meter somewhere, but will need some help either way. Ideas, anyone????

The weather is nice now, so I'd like to use the darn window....

Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the mean time hold the switch in your choice of direction and at the same time slam the door shut. May take a few tries. Sometimes this will temporarily bring it back to life. Permanently if you are blessed.

Gain access to the motor connector. Measure for 12vdc with the switch thrown. If it's there you proved you need another window regulator assembly. Stay away from the Ebay cheapos.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM
bosazga

Thanks! I AM blessed so I hope this works. What would explain why both a new and existing window switch wont operate the passenger window? I figured it was related...

Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 PM
bosazga

Also, if it helps, my driver door is from a 2001 Grand Caravan LX (I think), and yes, I did buy a cheapo regulator assembly when I fixed it the first time...

Quick Reply: '03 Caravan power window issue - help!