Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

95 Caravan Trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013 | 09:34 PM
MichaelSteven
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Caravan Trans problem

Hi all. I have a friend with a 97 caravan 3.3L.(I meant 97 in the Title. Sorry Guys) For awhile his trans has had a leek but he's been good about keeping fluid in it. Yesterday his wife took the van to the store and on the way home, it wouldn't shift out of first. It would go to first and rev but nothing else. I don't know much about Auto trans so that why I'm asking.

Earlier today he changed the trans fluid, gasket, and filter. He said that he had to give the filter a good hit to get it in right. After doing so, he took it for a short drive, maybe a mile or so, and it drove fine. He turned around, not sure if he used rev, and the problem started back up. No matter how fast he went, it wouldn't shift.

What I'm thinking is that the shift solenoids are stuck. When he gave it a hit it loosened them up. He said last year when it was really hot he was having computer problems. It's been hot again (90-110) so could it be his computer, again? There are currently no codes. Any Ideas? Thats all I know but I can easily get more info.

Quick Reply: 95 Caravan Trans problem