Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Grand Caravan A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 01:03 PM
dudewheresmydodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan A/C Problem

Blowing warm air most of the time. Cloudy or temps below 80 its not too bad. Pressures are 100 psi on both high and low with car off. Running w/compressor on...low side about 45, and high side 225-250. Ambient temp now 80 degrees. Increase rpms to 2 grand and high side climbs to 275. Not a freon/compressor issue. Is there any known issues with temp doors not closing? Or HVAC controls? Or ??????

Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the vent temp? on Recirculation mode.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
kallsop
Rookie

Does the condensor get really hot? It should, be careful not to burn your hands or anything. Does the radiator fan turn on to cool the condensor? On my '08 3.3L, the fan does not come on when the AC is started, but I get cool air and haven't been able to get a definitive answer on what is the fan logic on the '08s. Both the low and high speed relays work off the van. The fan works by itself, and turns on when the engine gets hot when stationary.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:46 PM
jammarakc

Need help on 2008 T&C touring with the 3.8. Had a radiator leaking so I replaced it with a new one from the dealer. After I install it I took it for a test drive and noticed that it was running hotter than I remember. When I got home ,with the engine still running, I open the hood and noticed that the cooling fan was not on. I found both relays and checked them ,out of the car, with battery voltage and the relays clicked and contacts closed. I also applied batt. voltage to the output contacts of both relays and the fan operates as it should, low and high speed. Also the low speed did click on, after a few cycles, of the A/C being turned on. I'm thinking that something is wrong and that may be why I had replace the rad. But don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advanced.

Quick Reply: 2008 Grand Caravan A/C Problem