Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

08 grand caravan abs,ebs,brake lite on

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM
ronman427
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 grand caravan abs,ebs,brake lite on

I have a 2008 gc with brake lite issues, found fluid low and filled up lights still wont go off. disconnected battery and tried again need help please.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
vman1
Amateur

Had a very similar situation of my wife's Dodge 2008 GC SXT. Also had on occasion the RED Brake light on due to low fluid level but was rectified by adding fluid. We had the ABS, ESP and traction coming on and off intermittently. We had a few codes that pointed to either the clock spring or an ABS sensor. You will need to have a scanner capable of reading ABS or know someone with one..A regular scanner that reads DTC's will not do it.

For us it was a bad ABS sensor that I replaced myself for $20...It was also the cheapest way to start as the clock spring is more difficult to replace and more expensive...No issues with any lights on the dash since. I guess ABS sensors are quite common on these vans...Hope this helps!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 PM
ronman427
Default 08 dodge grand caravan abs ebs traction control

the car going to dealer tomorrow thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 08 grand caravan abs,ebs,brake lite on