Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Speedo on wrong side of the peg

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM
RadioActiveLamb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Speedo on wrong side of the peg

I have a 2001 Grand Caravan EX. While driving it yesterday, the entire instrument panel went dead, due to a blown 20A fuse. I replaced the fuse and everything came-alive again. The only problem is that the speedometer is now tapping the bottom of the peg, instead of resting on the top. Because it is tapped, there's no movement with the speed of the vehicle. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a reset/self test. Ignition OFF. Press and hold the trip odometer reset button. While holding the button, turn ign to ON. Continue holding the button for about 5 seconds. The needles should sweep and any trouble code will show up in the odometer window.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
RadioActiveLamb

That worked! Thank you. There are no error codes. Now... to fix my brake problem.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM
RadioActiveLamb

Sadly, this has become a recurring problem and I don't know what to do next. After swapping-in a good fuse and doing the diagnostic, everything is fine. That is until I drive it for an hour or so. Seemingly at random, the fuse blows again. It has done this three times now, and I'm not sure where or how to start diagnosing this. Has anyone run into this problem before?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do they label the fuse on the panel? The only 20amp fuse I see associated to it is a B+ power feed to the BCM. Does anything else die with the cluster such as wipers, radio, turn sigs, blower etc? Make sure your battery posts are clean and tight.

Last edited by Cougar41; 07-16-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:08 AM
RadioActiveLamb

It is the 20A fuse labeled "Hzd Lp". Apparently, it is also the fuse for the instrument panel.

I do have a towing package on the vehicle. I suppose this could be related to the circuitry used for the turn signals and brake lights.

I noticed also that when this fuse is blown, the turn signals and the brake lights fail to work.

Quick Reply: 2001 Speedo on wrong side of the peg