Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Windshield Wipers stopped working on my 1999 Dodge Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:31 PM
DanielleRamos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wipers stopped working on my 1999 Dodge Caravan

The other day my wipers wouldn't turn on. They haven't worked since. They wont even come on if I try to use the fluid. Fluid will come out but wipers still wont turn on. My rear wiper works just fine though. We have checked fusses and nothing works. We know it isn't the motor because my husband checked that by hooking it straight to the battery. They'll come on then. We are stumped as to what this could be. Maybe the switch? I have had trouble with them in the past where they'd be on and then I couldn't turn them off and they'd run even with the van shut off. They haven't done that in a long time though. We use to have to take the fuse out for them to shut off. For awhile when I'd go to turn them on, sometimes it'd take a second or two for them to turn on, or they'd start to come on and then stop and I would have to shut them off and turn them back on and they'd work fine. But now, they wont even come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM
cpttuna
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could be a ground, the multi-functional switch, or even the BCM. See my posts. mine have worked on at least two occasions with the engine not even running, good luck.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers stopped working on my 1999 Dodge Caravan