Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Fog light connectors seem wrong?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 AM
jonathanroth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light connectors seem wrong?!

I own a 2012 Dodge Caravan and am installing original MOPAR fog lights on it. It all seemed pretty straight forward until I began working on installing the jumper harness into the D connector. For some reason my D connector doesn't seem to want to allow the jumper cables in (see attached pics). It appears the D connector won't allow any more cables to access it due to pointy black things in it???

I have included pics of what I mean and the factory instructions, which clearly denote that the jumper cables should fit.

Has anyone run into this before? Help!

Attached Thumbnails Fog light connectors seem wrong?!-pointy-black-things.jpg   Fog light connectors seem wrong?!-pointy-black-things2.jpg   Fog light connectors seem wrong?!-jumper-cables.jpg   Fog light connectors seem wrong?!-factory-instructions.jpg  
Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
bjorkmae

Can the black inserts be removed? I can't be sure from the pics but often there will be insert on unused connections on a connector to keep it sealed and keep dirt and moisture out.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 AM
jonathanroth

It doesn't appear that they can be. And, even if they can, the blue plate behind doesn't seem to allow the jumpers access. Am thinking I may need to go to the stealership and see what they can tell me (if anything!).

Old 08-12-2013, 08:05 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

possible u got the right connector or the right spots on the connector?
btw it may even need to have to dealer program vehicle to have fogs. also the dash turn light switch may need to be changed. I push mine in to activate fogs.

Quick Reply: Fog light connectors seem wrong?!