Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

HVAC Blower motor for 2008 to present

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HVAC Blower motor for 2008 to present

My 2008 front HVAC blower fan sounded terribly loud like some aliens living under the dash, so I replaced it with a $50 chinese aftermarket unit off ebay. There was nothing in the ductwork causing the noise. The original fan shaft made a thumping noise when spun by hand. I saw no rust or anything...the van has 90k miles on it.

The factory fan blower had a black fan assembly, but the aftermarket unit was white. The motor on the aftermarket unit was a bit smaller, but similar.

Upon replacement, I was a bit disappointed with the amount of noise the aftermarket unit made. However within months it got super loud. I replaced it with a warranty unit and it quickly got loud too. The bearings on these units are junk, if they even have bearings lol.

Moral of the story, I recommend buying a factory original replacement blower motor. I had luck with Chinese blowers for my Ford cars, but not this van.

I found a Dodge factory dealership selling them on ebay in unopened boxes for $75 each. Why screw around swapping out defective parts or living with noisy motors to save $30 or so?? Warranty replacements are seldom free.

I think list price at Dodge is around $130, so $75 is a steal. the factory part# is 68029719AB

Replacement job is about 30 minutes & there's a nice video about it on youtube

Last edited by Lscman; 08-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: HVAC Blower motor for 2008 to present