Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Well The reaper has come for her

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 02:49 AM
caravansasleepr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well The reaper has come for her

To my delight and my dismay ; I am sad to report to all those who love the caravanand voyager /town&country nameplate that my caravan has had taps played for her today . I placed a post just last night with mileage just under 424,000 miles on her ORIGINAL motor . Today coming home from work she decides it is time for me to put her to pasture for now .

As I have stated before I will bring updates to her progress and her appeal so sit tight and listen to the tale . I am turning her into a corvette owners WORST nightmare . poor bastard wont ever know what flew past him .To all those who not had a chance to see what it is that I am doing here goes try to imagine a rear wheel drive minivan with a small block chrysler V8 and overdrive automatic ;that will easily accomplish 11-12 seconds in the quarter mile . here is the skinny on what is current I now have the frame completed with trans and motor in place what I need to do now is to complete a feww mods to the body (underneath) so the said drive train will fit snugly under like it built from the factory I am keeping with Chrysler technologyand go fast goodies so as to think I am not driving a frankencar . anywho I would like to see what kind of mileage other minivan owners are getting out of their beloved grannywagons or to see if you anyone has an idea for making a caravan faster BTW final mileage on the ORIGINAL MOTOR is 424,016 not bad for never taking the engine apart ( this means never changing a head gasket or turning a bolt on the bottom end ) . when I diassembled the motor after work today the head gasket still has their chrysler stamping visable wish I could say the same for the date codes . I will kepp those interested informed take care and enjoy your vans Caravansasleepr

Quick Reply: Well The reaper has come for her