Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

09 caravan breaks

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 05:34 PM
mspope
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 caravan breaks

I'm about to replace the front break pads for the second time on my '09 caravan. The back break pads, never replaced, have worn less that 2mm. Has anyone else experienced this or do I have a problem with my rear breaks?

Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Front pads normally wear faster than the rear. They do 70% of the stopping. About a year ago I changed the rear brake shoes for the first time at 196K miles. That said, 5th generation vans (2008-2013), especially 08-10, have a well documented history of brake issues, among them front pads wearing faster than usual. Can't say there is a sure fire fix for it but can say it was so bad Chrysler placed an extended warranty for it but only up to 36K miles: http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...nd-Chrysler-TC

Last edited by Cougar41; 09-08-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mspope
I'm about to replace the front break pads for the second time on my '09 caravan. The back break pads, never replaced, have worn less that 2mm. Has anyone else experienced this or do I have a problem with my rear breaks?
Mspope,

Have your concerns been diagnosed by a Dodge dealer? Have they been able to advise if this is normal wear?

If you have any questions please PM me your VIN# and I'd be happy to review this for you.

Quick Reply: 09 caravan breaks