Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Another limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
ramsport-99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another limp mode

Hi guys, I have an 01 caravan 3.3 with the trans stuck in limp mode. First for some history on this van. It was driving fine one day and after making a stop we noticed the engine light did not come on with the key in on position, of course the van would not start. we found the fuseable links under the battery and fuse box were corroded, we spliced the wires and sure enough the van runs but now the trans is stuck in limp mode, I don't have a scanner so im at the mercy of wiring diagrams and flow charts, we followed a flow chart from shop key and everything checked out so we replaced the tcm. Of course with the luck we have been having the van showed no change. I was just wondering what my options are with having no scan tool available to check the tcm codes. It only shows the generic code p0700 and of course the p1684, I think it was that number, the one for the dead batt in the last 50 starts, any help would be great, thanks

Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
manntis
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check to see if the EATX has ground. Mine was in limp mode due to bad ground at the wheel well where it's attached, but the harness runs under the battery tray where you experienced corrosion.

Quick Reply: Another limp mode