Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Grand Caravan Airbag Light cycles on/off

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
TheKid72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Grand Caravan Airbag Light cycles on/off

Just recently my 2002 Grand Caravan airbag light would come on for just a few seconds - then stay off for several minutes. This cycle continues a few times. The horn and cruise work, and this happens while I am just driving down the highway - not turn related that I have noticed.

The local dealers, both of them, are crooks. Sad but true. So I am reluctant to take it in to either of them. Oh how I miss the old Chrysler dealer "back in the day" when I owned a shiny new '88 LeBaron. Honest as the day was long.

Anywhoo, before I replace the clockspring - is there anything else I should check. I just did an R&R of the radiator and did notice corrosion at one of the air bag sensors. Didn't think much of it at the time, but this issue was much worse when I took the van the carwash to flush out the area and then for a highway drive to dry the radiator area off to inspect for leaks.

I am selling the vehicle soon - I don't want to pass this problem on to the next owner (just as I replaced the radiator instead of dumping in sealant).

Quick Reply: 2002 Grand Caravan Airbag Light cycles on/off