Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Waffen06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Problem

New here and first post. Wife has a 2005 TC with the 3.8 120,000 miles. Been going great till two days ago, wife went to leave and got a few blocks from home and came back saying there was a grinding noise and ABS light was on. I went out and plugged my code reader in and noticed the brake light was on as well. My reader did not come back with any codes, I pushed the parking brake and released it just to make sure she didn't accidently hit it. The brake light went off and when I put the van in reverse the ABS light went off, no noise, quiet and smooth. Drove a few miles and no issues. Went to leave today and when we got out of the driveway ABS came back on and grinding from the rear. Hit the brakes hard a few times and most of the noise went away. Hooked my scanner back up and no codes, last checked the brakes a few hundred miles ago when I had tires put on and they looked new. Any ideas where to start? Suspecting a wheel sensor but no idea which one thanks.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS Problem