Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Driver Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 AM
jferello
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Seat

Hey all, I got a 2014 DGC SE with the blacktop package. I love the van so far, however the driver seat is so uncomfortable, I can't stand it anymore.

Does anyone know if there is a black cloth power seat with lumbar support for the 2014 DGC or is it only leather?

Does anyone have a list of what seats are available, colors & part numbers, maybe even ballpark prices?

Thanks,
Justin

Old 01-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jferello
Hey all, I got a 2014 DGC SE with the blacktop package. I love the van so far, however the driver seat is so uncomfortable, I can't stand it anymore.

Does anyone know if there is a black cloth power seat with lumbar support for the 2014 DGC or is it only leather?

Does anyone have a list of what seats are available, colors & part numbers, maybe even ballpark prices?

Thanks,
Justin

Justin,

Factory seats are faaaar too expensive to buy from a dealer and the lumbar option is a total joke. It's just a silly $2 metal stick that twists and pushes on the webbing. Go to an upholstery shop to get this work done. They can build up the lumbar area of your original seat to your liking for $100 instead of paying $1500 at the dealer for something very similar to what you have already. They can change it's shape or add more rigid foam or even weld in more frame, spring and webbing supports. Just show them where the firmness is lacking by sticking a rolled up towel or two behind your back.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Driver Seat