Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Not your typical power sliding door problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM
BrothaBob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not your typical power sliding door problems

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Problem: I have researched and haven't found anyone else to have this issue. The drivers side power sliding door opens without an issue but it will not close. The motor kicks in but the door catch will not disengage. The "chain" wiring harness has been replaced. The motor has been replaced. It appears that when you look down by the gear located by the rail at the bottom there is a cable that goes underneath that is not properly engaging to pop the latch. The cable does not appear to be broken. Any ideas?

Old 02-06-2018, 08:16 PM
NS_Andy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, no help for you, I'm having the same issue with both sliding doors, but ONLY occasionally. About 90-95% of the time the doors operate normally, Seems to happen more in summer than in winter. When it does jam in the open position, it can be closed manually, and if you then re-open the door from the fob or either of the buttons, it will close properly (electrically). More frustrating than a real problem, but since my wife is disabled, I'd like to fix it. Did you ever find a solution?
Thanks,
NS_Andy

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Not your typical power sliding door problems