Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 caravan sxt radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
eugene.oneill72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 caravan sxt radio problem

I have a 2006 caravan sxt with factory CD/DVD player with fold down screen in the roof behind the seats. My problem is that the radio won't power on. I have power to the radio the clock displays the time when you push the button but that's it. I thought it was a dead unit so replaced it with one I bought from eBay...same exact numbers. No luck has power, displays time nothing else. On a whim I installed the radio from my 2004 Ram and it worked! I'm stumped. Any thoughts or ideas?

Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by eugene.oneill72
I have a 2006 caravan sxt with factory CD/DVD player with fold down screen in the roof behind the seats. My problem is that the radio won't power on. I have power to the radio the clock displays the time when you push the button but that's it. I thought it was a dead unit so replaced it with one I bought from eBay...same exact numbers. No luck has power, displays time nothing else. On a whim I installed the radio from my 2004 Ram and it worked! I'm stumped. Any thoughts or ideas?

Did you check if there was a short in the connections at the back of the radios?

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 caravan sxt radio problem