Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Valve leak: 4677378 Mopar VARIABLE RESTRICTOR VALVE

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Vanarchist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Valve leak: 4677378 Mopar VARIABLE RESTRICTOR VALVE

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport V6 3.3 L

Sprung a leak lots of steam on the right hand side of the hood, "water" sprayed every where, couldn't find the leak. Drove the van a very short while and steam started up again stopped jumped out and opened the hood, little valve with a crack squirting lots of coolant to the right hand side, when I attempted to remove the part a piece snapped off and is still in the hose. So I get the part number and call + research online no one has this part!!!

4677378 Mopar VARIABLE RESTRICTOR VALVE

Find it online and buy it, they e-mail me they don't have it.

I love and nee this van, anyone know of a parts place I may have missed? can I just hook up a new hose with out this coupler valve?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:57 PM
MoparPartWorld
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanarchist
...can I just hook up a new hose with out this coupler valve?
Yes, after the dealer replaced the rear heater hose assembly in my 2001 Caravan there was no longer a restrictor valve in the hose. That was over 12 years ago, and no problems with the heaters.

George

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Valve leak: 4677378 Mopar VARIABLE RESTRICTOR VALVE