Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Ecm swap??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:20 PM
GearMan90
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecm swap??

Hi again folks!

My fathers van has hit a snag. Here is the story.

For the past few weeks the van has been "pinging" otherwise known as "pre-ignition". Not enough to drown out background noise, but enough to be noticeable when driving next to a building.

Van started, drove and operated fine, until a trip to the next town over. We made it there, but within a three second span, the engine light came on, van shuttered, than stalled.

After the long tow home, a quick scan of codes came up with;

P0122 TPS Low Voltage
P0106 MAP Circuit/Performance Loss
P1496 5V Supply Output Too Low
P0120 TPS Signal Loss

The van will run, but once you touch the gas, it stalls. It will stay running with throttle applied if you spray fluid into the intake, but barely.

Power of deduction, I have a bunch of parts from a parts van I tore down years ago. I swapped the TPS & MAP sensors with no luck. I have the ECM I pulled from the van, but part numbers don't match.

My question, would it hurt the van to just see if it will fire and stay running with the other ECM? Before I spend who knows how much on a proper one to only find out it was a bad TPS from both vans lol. Has anyone else had this same problem?

Any help will be appreciated! Cheers!

Van is in sig (2001 Caravan Sport 3.3L, 370,000km)
Parts van was a 2001 Caravan SE 3.3L

Attached Thumbnails Ecm swap??-imagejpg1_zps55595834.jpg   Ecm swap??-imagejpg2_zpsb22a9e88.jpg  

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Ecm swap??