Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS & Brake trouble codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 AM
mgbeheler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS & Brake trouble codes

2004 Grand Caravan. ABS, Brake, and Check Engine lights are all on and steady.
Local mechanic says the emergency brake cable is stuck, and if he can't get it unstuck, it may have to be replaced, which is an expensive hassle. Brakes aren't stuck, they seem to be fine; it is just the cable. (I've always found him honest & reasonable, but he is over 70, and doesn't have the latest & greatest tools. He sends me elsewhere when he can't do what needs done.)
I have discovered the ignition off-on 3 times thing for getting a readout of OBDC II codes on the odometer, but the only one showing up is P0032, which seems to be an oxygen sensor thing, and the reason for the check engine light. Exactly what is wrong is still to be determined.
But, no codes for the brake and ABS problems showed up. The list of possible codes I found has several U codes for brakes and ABS, as well as some P codes for brakes. Do U codes not show on the odometer?
If I go to Autozone, Advance, or NAPA will their code reader say anything about the ABS system?

Old 06-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. ABS codes aren't displayed on the odo.You need a specialized scanner to read ABS codes. Most shops have them. You can buy one for as little as $50. Parts stores just have the typical scanner that reads powertrain codes. They will probably have them available to buy. Here's some examples: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ode%20scanners

Last edited by Cougar41; 06-06-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS & Brake trouble codes