Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Caravan SXT 3.8L, Rear Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM
leodajim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Caravan SXT 3.8L, Rear Calipers

I am about to replace all brake components in rear of our van, pads, rotors and calipers. Everything looks pretty straight forward for this work, even the compression of the caliper piston, but my question is about removing the caliper. Does anyone know of ANY tutorials/videos out there to remove and re-install the e-brake cable/brake line? My confidence for this particular part of the job is not too strong, and I was hoping to find something that outlined how to do it correctly.
Thank you!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:27 AM
sidewayzz
Rookie

you can probally find a youtube video. Just curious why you are putting new calipers on? I just done my 2012,without calipers its a easy job.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:57 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

I did not need to remove the caliper to get it off the pads. pry it up. little stiff due to the parking cable. if I think you really hard remove the support bolt for the parking cable. but if u need to remove cable for replacement of caliper ive read that's a bit tougher. I think someone mentioned to use a niddke nose plyers that lock. the twist the cable off while prying the mechanism, but do search here.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Caravan SXT 3.8L, Rear Calipers