Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: 2002 Dodge Caravan...parking brake and abs warning lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 05:08 PM
ctrain88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan...parking brake and abs warning lights stay on

I have a 2002 Caravan...low mileage but has sat for a good amount of time...I now have 2 problems:
1. The ABS warning light stays on...this has been on for a while but I'm pretty sure the ABS system still works...having driven it it the snow, the ABS kicked in when needed.

2. Now my parking Brake warning light stays on...

I've taken the rear rotors off and have made sure the emergency brakes are not binding and also checked and the emergency brake cables seem to move as should.

I then disconnected the line to the emergency brake waring light at the switch located by the foot pedal...the warning light still stays on!

I've disconnected the the electrical line to the power brake reservoir and still both lights remain on!

Not sure what to try next...can someone pls advise...does the main brake switch have anything to do with these?/////////////////...there are no visible leaks in any of the brake lines nor at the calipers plus the brake fluid is full at the reservoir!

Greatly appreciate some advice!

Thanks

Quick Reply: [General]: 2002 Dodge Caravan...parking brake and abs warning lights stay on