Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Upstream Oxygen Sensor connection missing!? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 PM
SixSpot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Upstream Oxygen Sensor connection missing!? Help!!

I am reassembling our 2003 3.3L Sport (flex fuel) after replacing the head gaskets and several others above them. I cannot find the male end to reconnect the upstream O2 Sensor. I even went to the dealership and looked at a neighbor's Caravan to help confirm I am not loosing my mind. I took a picture of the wiring harness after removing all the original tape and there is no sign of the wires either. Is there something different about this model? I honestly don't remember disconnecting the sensor and the female end is damaged, missing one of the guide rails and latches are missing, however the female insert is clean. There were no P codes set on the engine prior to the gasket failure. I'm really at a loss here. This is the only part preventing the completion of this project. Thanks in advance!

Keith K
2003 Caravan Sport 170,000 mi

Attached Thumbnails Upstream Oxygen Sensor connection missing!? Help!!-image.jpg  
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 AM
cv2003
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's quite a mystery you have there. I replaced the upstream O2 in my '03 non-flex last year, and IIRC the male half of the connector was attached to the block with a bayonet clip. Wish I could be of more help, but of course I only had one thing disconnected, so there was never going to be any question on reconnecting.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Upstream Oxygen Sensor connection missing!? Help!!