Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: IS there a bluetooth control issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:41 PM
burger2go
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS there a bluetooth control issue?

I think there is a real issue with the UConnect system - if you check across multiple forums, you see the same problems.

I too have an issue. When I place a call, the system hangs up after one ring, but the phone is still connected to the bluetooth. Everything else works perfect: streaming audio, incoming calls, text. But it drops outgoing calls 85% of the time.

My dealer installed a new bluetooth module, but it did not change a thing. And yes, I have multiple devices - all that work perfect with my Kia and Ford. They do not want to replace the radio - but I really really need to be able to place outgoing calls.

Does the radio have a control computer that manages calls that might have a programming issue?

Old 08-23-2014, 08:51 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

burger try to see in your menu and post the version info you have on there. everything you see. you may need a update done to the system. what is the label on the bottom right say like "RER". get back to me. you can also try to go to dodges website and follow the link to get a update disk sent to you.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:34 PM
J Wikoff
Rookie

Ours has the exact same problem with our Droid 4 and S3. Please post if you find a fix.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:57 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J Wikoff
Ours has the exact same problem with our Droid 4 and S3. Please post if you find a fix.
J Wikoff,

I'm sorry to hear about your Uconnect troubles. Did this issue present itself recently? Have you recently performed a software update on your phone?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

The van is newer than the latest OS update to our phones.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: IS there a bluetooth control issue?