Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: IOD fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 04 Quadcab
Thanks for the info--at least I can stop looking for the IOD. I don't think I have the expertise to go further with this myself, except to check the feed from fuse 3. I guess the beast will have to be driven as is; I'm not about to spend a bunch of $ on search missions for a car this old. If I could be assured I had a knowledgeable mechanic like you, I might feel different, but it's a roll of the dice to take it to just any old dealer. Trusting the last one when they said it was the BCM shows where it gets you; $365 (could easily have been a lot more) down the drain.
I've found, at least around here, your better off doing it yourself, or taking it to the old time mechanic down the street. Dealers around here have No knowledge of the older vans. Had mine in once, they quoted me $800 to replace tie rod ends (1 side), took it to a local small shop, cost me $200 (for all 4).

Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just going through and cleaning connections/grounds may find and solve issues for you.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 PM
tjnc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokesxt
Just going through and cleaning connections/grounds may find and solve issues for you.
Yeah it does quite often. There are a lot of really powerful short finding tools, but they are all worthless for DTC wiring. If it's not DTC based it could make finding the problem relativily easy.

Also, I couldn't agree more. I know from hard experience that you can keep trying stuff and still spend half of what most mechanics, even small independent ones, will charge you to basically do the same thing..

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: IOD fuse