Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 GC Manual Temp Recirculation Door Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM
rjg202
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GC Manual Temp Recirculation Door Problem

Today I am hearing a thumping when the recirculation button is cycled. The thump is the recirculation door actuator at the bottom of the air housing. It feels like it is pushing down from the lower housing against the screw into the housing for 3-4 times then stops. The button appears to work since I can feel the air flow change.

Should I try to calibrate by pushing the AC and recirc button simultaneously (Manual temp control)? Is that the process for manual Control?

If I do get an error code can it be cleared or will it error indefinitely (blink as stated above)?

Lastly if I pull the actuator out is it straight forward to put back? I don't want to take it apart and have to wind up disassembling the housing.

Any advice appreciated.

Update I did recalibrate by pushing the rear wiper and recirculate button. It is still making the noise. The lights did go off so I assume there is not fault. Is this an easy part to replace? I checked at few local stores and they did not have it so not sure if dealer only.
Thanks

Thanks
2006 Grand Caravan SXT Dual Zone Manual Temp

Last edited by rjg202; 08-31-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 GC Manual Temp Recirculation Door Problem