Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Are all 3rd Gen part interchangable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 05:07 PM
rhinoscores
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all 3rd Gen part interchangable?

My son rear-ended another car with his 2000 Caravan base 3.0 6cyl. I now need to go to a U-pull-it yard to pull a radiator, radiator fan assembly, trans oil cooler, a/c condenser, radiator fan relay, hood, air filter box, headlight assemblies and bumper cover. I've been trying to find somewhere online to see what parts are common to other years and its Chrysler and Plymouth cousins. Does anyone know what other versions/years or a good website I can find this info? Much appreciate any help.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 PM
ice445

Damn, I'm surprised you didn't just write it off. I find it hard to believe the airbags didn't deploy in a collision that severe. In fact, if they didn't, that indicates a problem to me.

Anyway, here's what I know:

All the body panels should be interchangable from 96-00 vans EXCEPT the bumper on the 2000 Sport model. It is different. It may still fit, but I do not know.

The radiator and associated parts *may* be interchangeable, but to be safe I would pull from another 3.0 engine van. The airbox is definitely not interchangeable between engines anyway, and you'd need a 3.0 van for that for sure. Headlight assemblies are also interchangeable, and you can (and should) order new ones online that aren't clouded out and useless if you're going to do this job. They run about $80 for a set.

I also really recommend getting a new radiator. It's not worth pulling one that may be near death. And a new fan relay. At least voltage test the one you pull and make sure it's not junk. New trans cooler lines are also a good idea, as those like to leak with age.

Last edited by ice445; 09-27-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:37 PM
rhinoscores

Thanks. I've priced out the new parts, only grabbing what is a steal that I can throw away if it's too old or leaks.

Last edited by rhinoscores; 09-27-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Are all 3rd Gen part interchangable?