Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 headrest airbag

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 03:54 PM
nightrider23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 headrest airbag

I was removing the drivers seat headrest to install a seat cover and I pulled the headrest airbag wires out of the yellow connector plug. On the headrest side there is a yellow wire and a brown wire. On the seat side there is a red/black wire and a pink/white wire. These dual colored wires I need to reinstall in the yellow plug but I need to get them on the correct side of the plug to match up with the brown and yellow wire. Does any one have a wiring schematic to show this connection.

mark

2012 grandcaravan

Old 11-09-2014, 09:56 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

be careful I would think it could trip or damage. look at both connectors they should have a one directional connection. they would not allow you to plug it in to the wrong way. also if you really want to make sure I think you need to take off the battery for atleast 10 to 15min to drain off the capacitors. then can try plug it in. but like I said should only go in one way]

Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 PM
nightrider23

When I was removing the headrest I didn't know there was an airbag. So when I pulled it out it stuck a little so I pulled hard and it came out fast and I ended up pulling the wires completely out of the plug. So when I reinstall the striped wires in the plug I need to put the wires correctly in the plug to match up with the yellow and brown wire. I've looked on the internet for a free wiring schematic but no luck, so I'm going to try the library next week.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 headrest airbag