Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Does anyone how to remove the oil pan from a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0L V6 SXT

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Themexicanchef
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Does anyone how to remove the oil pan from a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0L V6 SXT

Does anyone know how to remove the oil pan from a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0L V6 SXT. I have started already to take off the mufler and the oil pan but when i get to start taking off the arm where the oil filter is that comes out easy enough, but I cant remove this extra part that is connected to the oil pan and was connected to the oil filter arm. Im sorry guy I dont know what the part is called. This dodge grand caravan was desinged very oddly because the mufler does go on top the oil pan a bit and the oil pan is in the shape of the state of nevada too. Can anyone help please, I really need the help in removing this part to get the oil pan off and replace it.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:37 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you have to pull motor and drop front axel. Confirmed with several people. Its a nightmare job.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:48 AM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rusty pan

The whole thing is covered in rust. The bottom, around the plug, and the whole upper part of the pan also. Great craftsman ship here huh. I do not think this is even repairable. The block is so rusty pieces are falling off of it.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Does anyone how to remove the oil pan from a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan 4.0L V6 SXT