Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: How to replace passenger side vent outlet

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:27 AM
jtlynch67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace passenger side vent outlet

Hey guys, I have a 2010 Grand Caravan and my son accidentally cracked some of the slats on the passenger side vent. He has big feet, long legs and was trying to quickly tie his soccer cleats in the car. Anyway, I ordered a replacement vent but would like some guidance as to how to install it. I don't want to damage any of the dash around the vent and make a bad situation worse. There is a black plastic dashboard piece that goes around the vent, down the side of the dash and then covers the gap between the two glove compartments (see the photos). I assume this black piece is held in place by plastic clips and can be popped out. Are there any service guys that can tell me where and how best to pop the clips so I don't break anything? I expect I will be able to replace the slats or the entire vent once the black dash piece is removed. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails How to replace passenger side vent outlet-fullsizerender.jpg   How to replace passenger side vent outlet-fullsizerender-1-.jpg  

Last edited by jtlynch67; 03-17-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:01 PM
tjnc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want to know how to pull the dash; they actually just slide out after you get the dash off. I don't know how for your year though.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: How to replace passenger side vent outlet