Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Rubbing Rubber noise in Wheel Well

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM
luker78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rubbing Rubber noise in Wheel Well

Hey guys,

I hope you guys can help me out. I have a noise coming from the front passenger wheel well that sound like rubber rubbing on metal. It does speed up when I go fast and slow down when I the van does. I checked the tire to make sure there was nothing. There are no marks anywhere.

I want to jack the van and turn the wheels by hand to see if I can reproduce it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

By the way, this started today. Last night I changed my tires and my winder tire was ruster on. I had to kick each side rapidly to finaly shake it lose. Could this have done anything?

Thanks,
Luc

Old 04-22-2015, 10:12 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by luker78
Hey guys,

I hope you guys can help me out. I have a noise coming from the front passenger wheel well that sound like rubber rubbing on metal. It does speed up when I go fast and slow down when I the van does. I checked the tire to make sure there was nothing. There are no marks anywhere.

I want to jack the van and turn the wheels by hand to see if I can reproduce it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

By the way, this started today. Last night I changed my tires and my winder tire was ruster on. I had to kick each side rapidly to finaly shake it lose. Could this have done anything?

Thanks,
Luc
luker78,

I'm sorry to hear about your noise concern. The rusted winter tire removal could have an effect. Have you had an opportunity to lift the vehicle and spin the tire freely?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Rubbing Rubber noise in Wheel Well