Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Transmission code P0700 and P0841

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Darth_Menace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission code P0700 and P0841

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me with some transmission codes that came up on my 05 Caravan.

There were some other unrelated (I believe) codes that came up around the same time, but they all popped up.

Anyway, the codes are P0700 and P0841. Would these be directly related codes or two or more unrelated transmission issues? Oddly, the tranmission shifts well with no issues and the fluid seems fine.

Any help would be great.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 PM
cv2003
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you post all of the other codes and the order in which they were read? The P0700 is a general code which normally means that TCM codes were set, and those requires a TCM-capable reader. You should have the TCM read at a tranny shop in order to find out what those codes are. The P0841 has multiple possible reasons but most of them are electrical. One easy thing to do is check the wiring and connectors for the tranny control solenoid and PCM. Assuming that you don't find any wiring/connector problems, those other codes may be helpful to diagnosing the problem(s).

Old 04-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Darth_Menace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, I will do. Last night a did a thermostat change (the coolant keeps disappearing so I did a thermostat change in hopes it was a stuck thermostat will solve the issue (this is for another thread)

I then also changed the tranny fluid/filter and made sure everything was in place. I then erased the codes in hopes by some miracle this solves it.

If (more than likely when) the codes come back I will get back to you about this. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Transmission code P0700 and P0841