Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: No Start - No Power to Starter

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM
jamejedi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start - No Power to Starter

Hi,

Hoping for some help. Van will not start. I do not have power going to the solenoid, battery is good, as is the relay.

What else could it be? Thanks for any help!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:48 AM
jamejedi
Amateur

I did the "hold the odometer button" thing, the codes that appeared were Sof8.3, Error code 100.6? not sure what they mean.

There are no CEL codes stored, but I did remove the battery for testing. I am having a hard time with this.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:24 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamejedi
Hi,

Hoping for some help. Van will not start. I do not have power going to the solenoid, battery is good, as is the relay.

What else could it be? Thanks for any help!
jamejedi,

I'm sorry to hear about your starting issue. What model year is your van? What engine do you have?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:51 AM
jamejedi
Amateur

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is a 2007 Grand Caravan with a 3.3. CEL is on, but my OBDII code reader does not show any stored codes.

I went through the "odometer test" and found; Sof 8.3 - I think this is the software version?

Also, I found this code information, hopefully it is accurate? It was posted for a 2003 Dodge Caravan

100.0 LOOP-BACK FAILURE
100.6 SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT

Not sure what they mean?

Last edited by jamejedi; 05-05-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is a 2007 Grand Caravan with a 3.3. CEL is on, but my OBDII code reader does not show any stored codes.

I went through the "odometer test" and found; Sof 8.3 - I think this is the software version?

Also, I found this code information, hopefully it is accurate? It was posted for a 2003 Dodge Caravan

100.0 LOOP-BACK FAILURE
100.6 SBEC/DEC/MCM COMMUNICATION FAULT

Not sure what they mean?
jamejedi,

Thank you for the additional details. The Sof 8.3 is the software version. The 100.6 code displayed is a SBEC/DEC/MCM Communication Fault. With the vehicle being non-responsive, a formal diagnosis would be beneficial in order to efficiently pinpoint the root cause.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:09 PM
jamejedi
Amateur

Thanks for the reply. I am trying very hard to avoid the dealership diagnostics.

Is there a way to test ECM and PCM? Does the 07 have the PCM, mine looks different from others that I have looked at. Also, does this look normal?

Last edited by jamejedi; 05-05-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM
jamejedi
Amateur

I am about to throw in the towel. Do I need to go to a Chrysler dealership? Is there any real benefit using their scan tools vs. a local garage?

Thanks for all the help. I will post the results once they are known.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Thanks for the reply. I am trying very hard to avoid the dealership diagnostics.

Is there a way to test ECM and PCM? Does the 07 have the PCM, mine looks different from others that I have looked at. Also, does this look normal?
I am about to throw in the towel. Do I need to go to a Chrysler dealership? Is there any real benefit using their scan tools vs. a local garage?

Thanks for all the help. I will post the results once they are known.
jamejedi,

Dodge dealers specialize in FCA products and have the training necessary, as well as a wide range of resources available to them in order to diagnose and address vehicle concerns in an efficient manner.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:34 PM
jamejedi
Amateur

Well....the garage that I used before is going to try. The wrench on the phone said they have the correct diagnostic tools for the job. Time will tell. I will update when done.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The majority of start circuit problems can be troubleshot from the starter relay socket on the IPM panel. Have you jumped contacts 30 and 87 at the starter relay socket? Starter should spin with keys in your pocket. This bypasses the control circuit to the relay. Are you getting 12vdc at contact 86 with the key at start? That's voltage from your ignition switch.

Last edited by Cougar41; 05-05-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: No Start - No Power to Starter