Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: engine light flashing or solid

Old 05-18-2015, 08:14 PM
zardoz34
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine light flashing or solid

While I was leaving work today in my 2013 Grand Caravan SE, I was idling to the street applying pressure to the gas as cars moved. When I let off the gas pedal, it felt like the torque converter slammed in to engagement. About 5 to 10 seconds later the engine light came on flashing. I put the van in neutral. The light went away, put it back in gear and drive home.

On my way home (about 10 minutes later), the engine light came back on solid. Later I stopped at an auto parts store and had them hook up to read the engine code. It came back p0152 (O2 Sensor circuit high voltage bank 2 senor 1). When I left the auto part store, the engine light was off. Should I have it replaced now or wait for it to come back on?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:33 AM
debo954

Did you ever fix it?
where was the sensor located?
thanks

Old 06-11-2018, 08:32 AM
zardoz34

Originally Posted by debo954
Did you ever fix it?
where was the sensor located?
thanks
I had it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. Their computer (and O'Reilly's) both have said the same thing. Misfire in block 2. The dealer wasn't able to isolate the issue back then. It has happened about a half dozen times since then. It happened a couple of times recently. I was do for an oil change and it had happened a couple of days before and the engine light was on. The morning I was going to get the oil change, the light went off. Came back the next day after, and then off again. I have done all the recommended services. My van now has 135k+ miles now. I'm starting to think it is a weather related issue. The last two times recently, the weather had drastically change in temperature and moisture (rain). That seems to be a common factor. Still love the van. I got 30mpg on the highway this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: engine light flashing or solid