Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Help! 2003 Grand Caravan Sport Turn Signal and Marker Light Problem

Old 07-29-2015, 12:38 AM
flaucet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! 2003 Grand Caravan Sport Turn Signal and Marker Light Problem

Hello,
We just purchased a 2003 grand caravan sport from a friend. The left turn signal blinks fast, doesn't work with the headlights on, and the left marker light doesn't work. We replaced the bulb and there was no difference. The left turn signal wasn't shutting off after you turn, we replaced the turn signal arm assembly hoping that would solve all the problems. It did fix the auto shut off. Now we have a signal that blinks fast, but doesn't it flash in the front with the head lights or marker lights on. The left marker light doesn't function either. There is a remote starter installed that no longer works. Could the problem be the flasher unit? or the remote starter? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 01-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Sheri Lynne Raivala

Originally Posted by flaucet
Hello,
We just purchased a 2003 grand caravan sport from a friend. The left turn signal blinks fast, doesn't work with the headlights on, and the left marker light doesn't work. We replaced the bulb and there was no difference. The left turn signal wasn't shutting off after you turn, we replaced the turn signal arm assembly hoping that would solve all the problems. It did fix the auto shut off. Now we have a signal that blinks fast, but doesn't it flash in the front with the head lights or marker lights on. The left marker light doesn't function either. There is a remote starter installed that no longer works. Could the problem be the flasher unit? or the remote starter? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I have same problem strange

Old 04-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Yvonne C
Default Flasher

Turn signal will flash faster when bulb burntout. CHECK ALL BULBS ON SIDE THAT FLASHES FASTER!

Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 AM
Yvonne C
Default Cruise Control

Might think about take the streeing wheel cover off and cleaning up the buttins etc wuth a little rubbing alcohol and qtips.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Yvonne C
Might think about take the streeing wheel cover off and cleaning up the buttins etc wuth a little rubbing alcohol and qtips.
What does that have to do with replacing a burned out bulb?? lol

Old 11-18-2018, 05:43 PM
3-cent

I have the same problem on an '04. Replaced bulb and socket. Nothing. A little disheartened to hear that you replaced the turn signal switch and that didn't fix it because I just ordered one. Oh well, still need a new one anyhow.

Old 03-09-2024, 08:35 PM
Mswanton

Your fuses need to be replaced and as for fast blinking ether dead bulb or if it's an led it will do this you will need a resitoir or a flasher relay for leds to fix

Old 03-16-2024, 08:04 PM
Bucky73

Hi! I am not sure if its your specific problem but I had this same type of symptom and I replaced my ground strap and all has been fine since. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Help! 2003 Grand Caravan Sport Turn Signal and Marker Light Problem