Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: installing quick struts

Old 08-02-2015, 07:14 PM
mike - m
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing quick struts

Hello guys/gals I have a 01 Dodge Grand Caravan and will be replacing the front strut assembly with a new set of quick struts. Just recently I had a front wheel alignment and the shop failed to diagnose that struts where bad. So my question is do I need another wheel alignment after I install the new quick struts or should it not effect the alignment? Thanks for any info you can give me. MIKE

Old 08-02-2015, 09:25 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say you definitely need another alignment. I redid my front end and thought I had done a good job of marking everything but it was pretty obvious after a few thousand miles that I was way off.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 AM
mike - m

I was thinking I would. Now the fight will began cause I dont think the place that did the alignment will do it again for free but Im going to give it a try. Thanks for the reply and drive safe. MIKE

Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 AM
mike - m

Just a quick update and short story : The chain tire and complete auto service center that failed to diagnose the fatality struts agreed to redo the alignment even tho Im installing the quick struts myself. How surprising but I did point out that it was their mistake. I am also changing front brakes and rotors in which I will be taking the rotors in with me to show what they missed there as well. The brakes have 48k on them and the inside surfaces of the front rotors have 2 deep grooves on both sides that are very visible. I took the van to them to have a tire replaced and a front-end shake down cause there was a loud popping noise and after their so called inspection told me every thing was tight in the front-end. They also told me of a couple of issues that I was well aware of but total failed on why the van was there in the first place. MIKE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: installing quick struts